Friday, September 12
More Needle Please!

This week I went to a seminar AT THE NEEDLE! I signed up without even knowing it and it was an awesome surprise. So of course, I brought camera! The seminar was at the level where you see the kind of square windows:

The next thing up is the restaurant, which ROTATES so you get a thorough view of the city, and then on top is the observation deck, which normally you have to pay to go up to ($$$) but because of the seminar I went up, for the first time! And the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Take a looksie:

First, from the ground up, before I found out I could go to the top:


From here, you can -almost- see our place! Right smack in the middle there. You have to squint...

Downtown:

Lake Union, where the house from Sleepless in Seattle is:

A reverse picture,

This time, trying not to squint:

Other picture taking folk:

Ear popping elevator ride down, with the EMP and Sci-Fi museum there at the bottom:


This might help imagine how high you are at the top. From ground level:
From the classroom level:

From the TOP:

Yeahh...

Also, I made new friends and got a chance to eat at the restaurant, while it spun at 1 revolution per 45 minutes. It did make me woozy, thought I might loose my delicious lunch:

posted by alex at 12:08 AM |

0 Comments: