Sunday, October 15
Sod Off!

Ohhh... the paaain!!

Yesterday, bright and early we took our trusty Samurai to buy new sod for our yard. This was the second trip:


Janice came by and helped me work the dirt. Thank God, because it was HARD.


This is after she left, and after we put in the sprinklers, which you can see if you try hard enough:

Ahhh, smiling through the pain. Brock isn't in any of the pictures because he was the camera man, and in all honesty I wasn't in any mood to be taking any, I just wanted to finish!!


This is just a pretty flower from the garden in the front, which I have nothing to do with (and that is why this plant is still alive):



We worked on the garden from 9 in the morning till 6 in the afternoon, only stopping to have lunch. That sod stuff IS HEAVY! and we had to carry it from the pile at Lowes to the cart, from the cart to the car, from the car to another cart at home, from the cart to our back yard, and from there to where it lays. Times TWO!

I hurt everywhere, typing hurts, sitting hurts. But we finally have green yard again!!! It's not finished yet, we still have to build the bench and bring in plants and finish the sprinkler system (not hooked up to the pipe yet), but I have to say, it feels good.

:D

Labels: , ,

posted by alex at 9:26 AM |

7 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I'm sooooooo proud of my baby!!!!
 


At 11:01 AM, Blogger Margarita Primavera said........
I'm so proud AND jealous of you! Our back yard is such a mess... Enjoy the pretty greeness!
 


At 12:31 PM, Blogger Alex said........
!!! Thank you!!!

I will enjoy it!! I hope it doesn't die!! Please, green, don't die!
 


At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
it's not going to die, I told you, you are now officially a gardener!!!
 


At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
quesfs se me agringaron todas, si son de chaupicruz vean caraju!
 


At 11:04 PM, Blogger Alex said........
you, perhaps~!
 


At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
you same (vos misma)